|"May all your dirty wishes come true!"|
|"May all your dirty wishes come true!"|
How long have you been on DeviantArt?
– Since July 31st, 2010. That approximates to slightly over five years. I did have a secondary account just for viewing adult content since the early '00s, but I never used it to post content or make comments and it has since been closed.
What does your username mean?
– dlt is just a bunch of letters I slammed together thinking it sounded cool. It was only later I found out about the McDonald's sandwich.
DLToon, however, is nothing more but a mere attempt at annoying the shit out of after he changed his original name (Levelord). Alas, this has resulted in some people simply calling me 'DL', so I guess the joke's on me.
Describe yourself in three words.
– Forever night owl.
Are you left or right handed?
– Mostly right-handed. There are some exceptions when I prefer to use my left hand, such as when using eating utensils.
What is your favourite type of art to create?
– Cheesecake and illustrated hardcore erotica based on existing characters from various art and popular culture products.
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
– I'd love to be able to draw realistically. As for techniques, digital painting and shading is something I've been wanting to learn for ages and I'm confident that I'll eventually get there, even if takes a decade or two.
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
– On-model erotic fan art of cartoon and anime characters.
Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
– In reality, there's too many to choose from, most of them being my friends. Outside of them I'd say it's probably . I'd pay to see a continuation of Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy using her designs, they're way too good not to be used in an official show.
and are two other greats I should mention as being artists whose skills I'd like to rob for my own uses. Oh, and 's abilities at colouring/shading.
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
– There are several of them, although top contenders would be , , , , and . I've met one of my colleagues IRL, , and it was a blast. I also wouldn't mind having lunch with some of the producer types, such as and .
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
– Finding and browsing the art of , , and helped me rejuvenate interest in drawing fan art when I had just about lost interest in it after going through a very mild case of depression circa '05/'06. The really great thing is that after I debuted my art in '08 (outside deviantART), LL and DDP welcomed me with open arms to their circle of artists. That meant the world to me.
I'm also grateful for , , and for massive support in so many different ways, as well as all of those people who have commissioned me and my colleagues.
What are your preferred tools to create art?
– Several A4-sized sketchbooks (usually with paper that has a thickness between 90 and 160g/m²), a selection of pencils (ranging from B to 6H), Wacom Intuos 5L, Epson V330 Photo scanner and Adobe Photoshop 64-bit for Windows 7.
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
– At home, either in front of my computer or laying on my stomach in bed. To add that extra notch of inspiration, I sometimes listen to blues and/or blues rock. That type of music has the raw sexual energy that really gets my brain going and usually arriving at very dirty places.
What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
– When one of my deviations got over 3,000 hits in less than a day. I was actually a little bit freaked out. I do know now what my watchers want from me, though.
Another fond memory has got to be the time when a commission by hit the right spot amongst disappointed fans of a cartoon show who seemed to be yearning for a cathartic resolution after a live-action spinoff TV movie had pretty much shat all over their expectations. The timing couldn't have been more perfect as the commission got an extremely good reception.
|Hey guys, can you drop me some points to help me extend this useless Premium membership BS? I mean, this thing allows me to do all sorts of shiny crap and also hold polls that don't really have any effect on what I will be drawing next because I'm a stubborn douchebag. Or, if you're bad enough dude, you can just directly purchase me more time.|
Anyway, I appreciate it!
I like drawing pretty cartoon ladies.|
*** IMPORTANT ***
I would be very happy if you did not take any of the following text as a "holier-than-thou" statement. I do not wish to imply that I'm "too good" for something, I simply just don't like or care about something and that's all there is to it. Also, the strict nature of the text comes from my frustration of people asking me the same thing over and over and over again. That is bound to irritate almost anyone in the long run.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE SENDING ME NOTES.
I WILL NOT REPLY TO MESSAGES THAT DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- do not request art
- do not ask me to do an art trade
- do not ask me to draw your OCs
- do not ask me to read your fan fic(s)
I will only take these questions account if you can find yourself listed as my friend in the Friends section below.
If you see pics in my gallery that deviate from these rules, they are either old deals made before these guidelines or something I've decided to do on my own will. Call me selfish but I draw mainly for myself as it keeps me motivated.
Commission guidelines and information can be found here: sta.sh/0zze0fytiiy
I welcome critique and suggestions regarding what to draw next, although I will not promise anything. But seriously though, critique is okay, you can be harsh too, I won't start crying over something like that. After all, the purpose of proper critique is to help people improve and become better at what they do.
ALSO, DO NOT:
- trace from my art
- edit my art without mentioning it's edited (see below)
- repost my art as yours
Keep in mind that those stealing my art WILL get caught and I will spread the word to my colleagues about them. I will also write a journal entry where I offer proof of the said delinquency. Repeat offenders will get their names added to my list of blocked deviants.
I do not necessarily mind edits (such as nude edits, colour changes, removing/replacing characters, meshing my art with other people's art) but please, make it clear that it's not 100% my work anymore. If you absolutely feel like editing my art, please include 'Edited by' and your signature. Please note that simply tracing my art and releasing it as your own does not count as an edit.
Even if I draw fan art of BH cartoons, I'm not necessarily very fond of them (but I do like the early 'TFOP' episodes).